"I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted, of course. But after that. Every night after that. I'd see it all again, do something different. Faster or more clever, you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways ...Every night I save you." ~spike to buffy
that's the way it is. every night, every day - i do something different. i stop it.
tehe guilt for what i did and what i didn't do may well kill me one of these days.
It's not fair to beat yourself up for decisions you made in the past. You did them because that is who you were then and those were the circumstances. I think the best thing for you to do now is take what you learned from your mistakes and try not to repeat them.
ReplyDeleteweird. i never saw this until now.
ReplyDeleteyeah, sure - not that it matters. i didn't heed your advice before cathy died (too bad i didn't get this - she died a couple months later) and as much as it hurt and made me feel guilty - it wasn't even close to the same ballpark.